Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mothers
Larry and a Cat named Dub Larry and a Cat named Dub is offline

Default GE dishwasher misbehaving (xposted)

Go to repair clinic.com and check out dishwashers
nice site
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 year old GE dishwasher. The past couple of days we noticed
that the dishwasher detergent powder is not being used up. We thought
we've put too much detergent or it didn't get dissolved properly etc..
Today we ran it during the day to observe. Looks like there's not much
water injecting/circulating inside. Previously during rinse cycle a
whole lot of water used to channel its way into the sink drain like
it's supposed to. Now there's hardly any. I'm thinking there's a block
in the water source to the dishwasher.

We've also had another issue with this unit. The dishwasher racks are
corroded and we've repaired some corroded parts with plastic caps /
resin paint. There's still some more corrosion. DH thinks the rusty
bits fell off and blocked the water pipe.

Please offer suggestions on what to look for. Is there anything we can
check before we call the plumber? We do lot of fixing up of basic
plumbing issues at our house.

Thanks.