Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Don Lancaster Don Lancaster is offline

Default old trusty DVM just died. Recommendations for a replacement?

clifto wrote:
DaveC wrote:

I use Fluke meters in the field because they're pretty "bullet-proof" re.
their cases.

Not just the cases. My 77 got hit years ago when I got the test lead a
little too close to a flyback transformer. The size of the arc suggested
that I exceeded the maximum allowable voltage by one or two orders of
magnitude. The meter was unfazed, no change in calibration or looks.

Try a Simpson 360.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com