Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Steve W. Steve W. is offline

Default Current flow detector for remote water pump.

Looking for a way to activate a small lamp to show when a remote mounted
water pump is running. I know I have seen the method before but my dusty
brain cannot seem to find it. The pump is a 120volt unit mounted in a
remote pump house out of visual range or I would wire a light across the
pressure switch. I was thinking of something like an inductive coil
around the hot lead feeding a circuit that would power the light. No
problem working on the panel end. Ideas?

--
Steve W.