Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Good mortar gone bad

On 22 Aug, 12:18, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

You could also put one of those damp remover dessicant widgets in the
bucket. That's what I do with grass seed.

That might help, and certainly won't hurt -- but I haven't found it to be
necessary, given a truly airtight container.

What about the air that's already in the airtight container? A problem,
or not? Obviously variable with volume, and RH, too, but in general,
let's say a five gallon container that's only one half or one third full?

I've heard that if you spray a little propane into the container via
an unlit propane torch it will displace the oxygen. The propane will
sink below the oxygen and force the air out of the container. This was
suggested as a means to preserve paint in a half full container.