Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Battery automatic cut off function

In article . com,
Andy wrote:
No the batt is new and this model has a reputation on cutting out. The
main problem is it really comes underpowered, it comes with a non
standard size 2.5AH batt. I have spares and can easily replace it when
it cuts out but I am a performer and if it cuts out mid song, my show
really goes to ****. Can anyone tell me if its possible to by-pass
this cut off feature and how to do it? I have ask the company for a
technician repair manual but they refused. Any help please.

Well I use radio mics for a living and I always replace the batteries
before they fail. You get to know how long they last. It sounds like this
battery is running a power amp so the life will vary with load. So replace
it for the worse condition. I'd say it's likely they have a very good
reason for this auto cutoff at this battery voltage. You can't just magic
that reason away. If the life isn't long enough use a larger external
battery.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.