Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wolfi Wolfi is offline

Default Thermostat setting on Frigidaier refrigerator/freezer combo

Am 22.08.07 10.50 schrieb hr(bob) :
On Aug 22, 10:06 am, Wolfi wrote:
Am 21.08.07 20.33 schrieb Wolfi:

there a three positions labelled Off--A-B-C and if you turn further,
three more, labelled 1-2-3.
So now what are the A-B-C doing and what are the 1-2-3 for?

I have to correct myself.
It's actually: Off--C-B-A-1-2-3 and not Off--A-B-C-...

Have to amend my earlier post, I have seen DEF (for Defrost) and then
a numerical sequence.

Yep, that also fits within my experience and that's why this one is
puzzling me so much.

The more modern and convenient ones have a DEF setting. For all the other
ones, one just has to turn the thermostat off for some time, open the doors
and safe keep cold, whatever was inside.