Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Picture Tube Hazards

"JANA" wrote in message
Another thought. There are Laser cleaning CD kits on the market. It has
little brushes in the disk, and you can simply put a drop of the cleaner
on
to the brushes, that comes with it. Follow the instructions.

Most of the time, in these units skipping is a warn laser.

--

JANA
_____

You are brave to recommend these !

IMHO, if you want to do no good at all at best, and actually damage the
laser at worst, use a cleaning disc with little brushes on it ... On several
occasions, I have seen an otherwise good laser wrecked by the brush getting
caught in the lens suspension, and tearing this off with the high rotational
speed of a DVD. As I have said on many occasions, it is rare for DVD lasers
to suffer from dust like CD lasers. Even on CD lasers, the cleaning discs do
little good, as the brush bristles are deflected by the 'wall' around the
lens periphery, which is a typical design shape of a CD laser's lens.

Arfa