Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Canchippy Canchippy is offline

Default best chain saw chain?

On Aug 21, 11:15 pm, MinnJim wrote:
I'm a chain saw illiterate and have a hard time when cutting the pith
area out of green bowl blanks (2 cuts down through the center area of
firewood chunk). The long strips of 'chips' tend to jam into the base
of the chain area. I'm cut the wood a long the length of the wood with
an electric Remington saw(18 " chain). Are the different types of
teeth/grind/widths available to make this work better?

MinnJim

I have the same saw and had the same problem. Use the techniques
others have posted and also enlarge th opening in the bottom of the
plastic cover. I used a rotary tool and increased the bottom slot as
much as possible taking care not to cut into any strengthening webs or
lugs. So far so good!