Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Stauffer in Minnesota Don Stauffer in Minnesota is offline

Default Can a diamond blade cut aluminum stock?

On Aug 21, 4:13 pm, Joe Strout wrote:

Why not use a bandsaw, the 4x6 model from Harbor Freight is a bargain, and
designed to cut metal.

You mean this one?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47840

That does look reasonable. But it's $100; my cut-off saw was $18 (on
sale). I'm still trying to determine if I can make that work, or if I
need to return it and invest in something else.

How about a jigsaw? They are available for about 25-30 bucks, and
metal cutting (hacksaw) blades are readily available. These should
work fine for 1/16 inch aluminum (get a fine tooth-- high tooth per
inch- blade).