Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default What is the most hard-wearing flooring?

On Aug 22, 2:45 pm, John Rumm wrote:
Jude wrote:
We tried the chair mats
over our current carpets and they did a good job for a short time, but
after a year or so started cracking and coming apart, especially under
my heavyweight husband's chair! They also become quite discoloured
and appear dirty.

Yup, found the same problem with my one.

Was it a flexible PVC one or a hard polycarbonate one?

IME my PC one has lasted a few years of hard use on a not-that-flat
floor and is still clear although a little 'matt' under the chair
itself.

If scratching is a problem then there are 'soft' castors (see Ebay)
for laminate floors that will avoid this.

cheers,
Pete.