Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the most hard-wearing flooring?

TheOldFellow wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:36:59 -0700
Jude wrote:

We are about to go about replacing an old carpet in our study, which
we spend most of our time in. The office chairs with wheels make
short work of destroying cheap surfaces we have used in the past.

Any suggestions for a hard-wearing surface which is not too cold? Not
keen on laminate or carpet, but wondering if there are good vinyl
floors which might do the trick....

any advice much appreciated

I always use industrial carpet tiles under castor chairs. Never had a
problem.
R.

That's a good one: The other is industrial grade vinyl.

A third is cheap disposable rugs.