Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Phone jack Has to be near AC Receptacle?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:10:31 -0700, John Ross
wrote:

I need to have an extra phone jack installed in my home. I was talking
to a guy who installs them, and he said it has to be "within 3 feet of
a wall receptacle." And he said something about this being in the NEC.

Has anyone heard of this? I can't see what one has to do with the
other.

I don't see this as a requirement, but recommended. My phone has an
DC adapter to power the speakerphone and built-in answering machine.
Never heard anyone say, "There are too many electrical outlets in this
room!"