Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default low voltage at two outlets

The low voltage situation is questionable, not knowing how he's testing the
circuit. A house built in 88' would have required GFCI protection for a
bathroom outlet, and to wire this economically, (cheap) the electrician
could have installed a GFCI outlet in another required location, such as
garage and outside, and fed these outlets off its load side

"albee" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:21:24 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

Have him check for tripped GFCI devices, which depending upon when the
house
was built could be located in another bathroom, a garage, or outside

Thanks. House was built in '88. He said he didn't have GFCI at the
faulty outlets, fwiw. Tomorrow I'll have him check other locations for
tripped ones, but what's happening that they would cause the low
voltage at the ones in question?

"albee" wrote in message
news
Since I got such great help on my last problem...

This is actually for my neighbor. Since his house was built by the
same people, I gave him a heads-up about the backstabbed outlets.
Turns out he said his one bathroom and a patio outlet are only reading
70 volts. He doesn't know if they're on the same circuit or not. Any
thoughts? Thanks again!