Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default I can't find it! a random lament

On Aug 22, 12:40?am, (J T) wrote:
Tue, Aug 21, 2007, 7:57am (EDT-3) )
doth lament thusly:
snip And I spend far too many hours searching for things I know I
have, only to have them turn up months later... snip

No prob. I've got it all figured out. When I was younger I could
concentrate on half dozen for more projects at a time, switching from
one to another, with no problem. But, now that I'm older, my
concentration has greatly increased. I think of it along the lines of a
dozen or more railroad tracks, side by side. There I am, zipping along
in an engine, concentrating on something, and disregarding all else.
Then something comes along and distracts me, someone asking something
like, "Are you busy?", springs to mind. Then, because the concentration
is so intense, the sudden reaction is like jumping to another track
entiredly. Your train of thought is lost. Then no matter how hard you
try, you may not get a branch line taking you back to your original
track for days, weeks, months, and on occassion, never. So you can stop
blaming it on old age, and now you can blame it on your intense
concentration. Simple. No prob. What was I talking about?

JOAT

You know you really have a problem when the focus of the intense
concentration was tying your shoe lace!

FobbyTown
Most of my projects' best features started out as mistakes!