Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wolfi Wolfi is offline

Default Thermostat setting on Frigidaier refrigerator/freezer combo

Am 21.08.07 23.53 schrieb jakdedert:
Wolfi wrote:
Well, I'm aware, that this isn't quite an "electronics" question, but
I'm hoping to get an answer here anyway.

On an older (guessing some late 60s, early/mid 70s model), light
green, big US Frigidaire refrigerator with icebox in the top area, I'm
wondering what the thermostat settings (in the refrigerator section)
mean:

there a three positions labelled Off--A-B-C and if you turn further,
three more, labelled 1-2-3.

So now what are the A-B-C doing and what are the 1-2-3 for?

Colder and warmer...degrees thereof. What did you expect?

Okay...if you look closer, you might also see a note explaining that
lower/higher numbers/letters mean colder/warmer. That's been the case
in every fridge I've ever had.

Sure, the direction of higher numbers mean colder, as is also indicated by
an arrow on the side BUT to me it doesn't make any sense to start with
A-B-C and then go on with 1-2-3, rather then go from 1-....-6 in the first
place. That is illogical.

I was more thinking that the 2 groups might have something to do with
different emphasis on the freezer, respectively the fridge section
temperature settings, but I simply don't know and also wouldn't know, which
one would work which way.

That's why I asked here.

Otherwise, you might have to do some
research. Likely the answer is google-able.

Try it.

I did, but came up empty.