Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Barta Joe Barta is offline

Default Round rostrum

Mekon wrote:

To those who look at that bit and think 'over
engineered' I say only that the lead female in this play has to
dance atop of this thing and she is not known for her svelte waif
like figure.

I think it's UNDER engineered. I see a wicked little racking
problem... especially in the "long" dimension... parallel to the lower
stretchers. I would seriously consider a few angle braces in there.
Might even throw a couple the other way too... unless those carriage
bolt joints are glued, they might rack a bit too.

Holding static weight against gravity is an easy thing... but holding
a person, especially a fluffy one, dancing around on top of it is
going to introduce all sorts of other stresses.

Another thing that I notice.... if the lady happens to step too far to
the long edges, the thing may tend to flip on her. I would add legs to
those edges... maybe like you added to the other two edges.

Other than that.... looks nice... fine job.... blah blah blah ;-)

Joe Barta