Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mekon Mekon is offline

Default Round rostrum

Rusty wrote on Wednesday :
If someone is jumping on top of it I would recommend resting the beams on
edge on the posts. Looks like just a couple of lag bolts taking that weight.
"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..

The posts are placed hard up against the ply and are bolted and screwed
into position. The studs underneath (some of which the posts are fixed
to) are placed on edge screwed into place every 100mm or so.
Myself (no light weight either) and our exchange student tested it by
jumping onthe top at the same time. It didn't move a mm.

I'll look at diagonal bracing after I finish the step. Thanks for the
suggestion.

Mekon