Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wolfi Wolfi is offline

Default Thermostat setting on Frigidaier refrigerator/freezer combo

Am 21.08.07 21.22 schrieb hr(bob) :
On Aug 21, 8:33 pm, Wolfi wrote:
Well, I'm aware, that this isn't quite an "electronics" question, but I'm
hoping to get an answer here anyway.

On an older (guessing some late 60s, early/mid 70s model), light green, big
US Frigidaire refrigerator with icebox in the top area, I'm wondering what
the thermostat settings (in the refrigerator section) mean:

there a three positions labelled Off--A-B-C and if you turn further, three
more, labelled 1-2-3.

So now what are the A-B-C doing and what are the 1-2-3 for?

Can't you find a model number somewhere???

No, so far I didn't have any luck. All the common and obvious places I know
about don't carry a label. I was curious myself about the power rating, but
w/o the label ... (I'm not in the mood to go through hoops for it)

I just assumed, that this type of thermostat, with alphanumeric positions
was/is something quite common and in use for a longer period of time, so
that it it is something like "common knowledge" for mid-aged Americans.

BTW, there is one more characteristic that I forgot to mention: the power
cord still is only a 2-wire and 2-prong type. No protective ground pin yet.