Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ET ET is offline

Default Magnavox 20MS334R01

On Aug 21, 12:16 pm, "Dave" wrote:
"ET" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 20, 9:54 am, "Dave" wrote:
"ET" wrote in message

oups.com...
Video inputs will not work either. I suspect

the tuner.

Uh, why would you suspect the tuner if the video inputs don't work
either?

My son had his XBOX on when the storm came thru. It stopped working as
well. So if its not the tuner, where should I look?

In the yellow pages under "Electronic Repair".

Could be lots of things. The fact that the unit powers up and has sound is
a VERY good sign. The fact that neither tuner nor aux inputs work rules out
the tuner and switching circuitry... I assume that the sound works on all
inputs and is selectable.

Do the on-screen menus/displays work? I.e. channel number, input source,
etc.?

The fact that a picture appears for a split second would seem to rule out
the HOT. I'd guess something in the HV section / flyback. Anything
obviously burnt (or exploded) on the PCB?

Funny that a lightning strike would make it all the way through the PS....

Dave S.

Yes, the sound works on all inputs.

On screen menus work, channel number, input source.

Nothing is obviously burnt or damnaged. Circuit Board looks like new.

And I cannot locate a service manual anywhere.

And I agree that it is strange that a lightning strike would not blow
diodes and fuses in the power supply!

Eddie