Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Packrat Packrat is offline

Default Odd Pioneer preamp IC

I found a Pioneer A-X340 amp, it's a rather nice unit someone brought from
Europe and I'm trying to convert it to 110 volts. I was able to find
110-volt replacements for the transformers, but when powered the overload
protector prevents the speakers from energizing. The DC bias voltages are
way out of whack (+ or -40VDC on the bases of all 4 output transistors, for
example), but nothing appears to be shorted. For troubleshooting purposes, I
need to replace or at least substitute two preamp IC's labeled PA0016. I
found a service manual but it does not give a detailed pinout of the IC or
specify what voltages it should have on it. Nor can I can't find any
datasheets online, and I suspect the IC must have a more standard
equivalent.... but what is it?
Any advice would be much appreciated.