Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] unopened@mail.com is offline

Default Filling small holes in Gyproc/plasterboard/drywall

Hi all,

I fixed some free-standing shelves to a drywall to stop them tipping
over if children tried to climb them or someone unsteady on their feet
grabbed them for balance. I've now moved the shelves, and am now
wondering what the best/recommended way of making good is. I used
butterfly fixings, and unscrewing the shelves means that the butterfly
part of the fixing falls down in the wall void, leaving an approx.
half to two-thirds inch diameter hole. (I've since discovered fixings
where the screw can be removed without losing the expanding gripper on
the other side of the wall.

Anyway - what should I be using to fill the holes? Is there any
special or recommended technique?

Thanks,

Sid