Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

Default from elsewhere, FWIW

In message , raden
writes

I am petitioning the Prime Minister to take this power away from the
trade bodies, and replace it with an independent, national competence
test for electrical work, accessible to anybody. If you are a DIY
enthusiast, or expect to carry out electrical work in your own home at
any point in the future, please sign my petition, at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/certifysparks/

Nicely worded.

I suppose the *up side* of trade body involvement is the CPD (continuing
professional development) that this government has been pushing for the
last ten years.

Maybe the certificate should be restricted to *own home* and for the
life of whatever IEE regulations are current at the time of the test?

regards

--
Tim Lamb