Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default from elsewhere, FWIW

In article ,
Steve writes:
Done!

But I don't think that these online petitions do much good except for
eventually getting a reply, saying that while they hear what you say -
they are not going to change anything.

Maybe big business needs to get involved for things to change.

Perhaps B&Q, Wickes, Homebase and others could be persuaded to make the
petition available for physical signing in their stores and possibly to
lobby for changes themselves. They, surely, must have lost a loads of
trade now that a lot of householders have been frightened off D-I-Y
electrical work by this ill-considered legislation.

I doubt 90% of their customers even know the legislation exists,
and wouldn't care even if they did.

--
Andrew Gabriel