Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Phone jack Has to be near AC Receptacle?

John Ross wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
John Ross wrote:
I need to have an extra phone jack installed in my home. I was
talking to a guy who installs them, and he said it has to be
"within 3 feet of a wall receptacle." And he said something about
this being in the NEC.

Has anyone heard of this? I can't see what one has to do with the
other.

Frankly it is a good idea, but I had not heard that it was code.

Why is it a good idea?

I should note that this is just for a modem, not an actual phone
(although I don't think that came up in the conversation).

Try to think ahead. You are doing the work, now so think about what
might be needed next year or next month. Someone rearranges the furniture
and now wants to use a cordless phone that needs to be pluged in at that
location.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit