Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Home Depot , Fox TV, and Global Warming

In article .com,
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Aug 21, 9:53 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:
"HeyBub" quotes from: "The True Believer"
__ Bob __ wrote:

"Global Warmiing" is a myth .. .. the warmest years on record
were 1934-1935 .. .. and just a few years ago, the "scientists"
that are predicting out torrid demise were warning about the
"impending" ice-age. Make up your minds just what you want us
to be alarmed about and stick with it .. .. some scientists !!

I'd appreciate a cite for those warmest years.

Here ya
go:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...5_temperature1...

Your link appears to indicate that 1934 was the warmest year on record
in
the United States, and that the change in the records did not affect
global
temperatures.

It is tempting to equate the United States with the world, but it is
simply not
the case. Global temperatures are up, regardless of any variations in
particular location.

We can argue over the causes of global warming, and whether changing
our
consumption of fossil fuels will have any good effect. However, I am
convinced
that reduction of consumption is a good thing regardless of the reason
why
we do it. I don't spend every cent of my paycheck, and I don't think
we
should wait until we're out of oil before figuring out what else we
can use.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy, I applaud your evangelical spirit, but this is totally OT for
this group. And, as you've seen, this group is largely populated by
people who don't agree with you, and never will, scientific evidence be
damned. So take it somewhere else, please.