Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Low voltage lanscape lighting

In article .com,
Mikepier wrote:

On Aug 21, 7:52 am, hobbes wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about installing low voltage landscape lighting (12v). I
learned of voltage drop in that light bulbs further away from the
transformer will be dimmer than ones closer to the transformer.

That would be the case if the lights were wired in series. But if they
are wired in parallel, each light bulb would get the equivelant
voltage the power supply is capable of. The power rating of the power
supply you get depends on how many bulbs you intend on using.

I think the OP is referring to IIR losses in the wiring. In theory the
voltage to each bulb should be the same, but I can imagine losing
something over a lengthy run. Still I think the idea of successfully
compensating with different wattage bulbs is going to be frustratingly
difficult.