Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default can't get my DVD/CD player to open

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

In the summer of 2005, I purchased a Yamaha DVX-C700 900 Watts Cinema
Series stereo system. Worked great for a while. Then I moved and put
it away. I just pulled it out of storage after it was out of use for
about six months. Now, when I turn it on, and try to open it by
pressing the open trey button on the front of the receiver, the system
indicates that it is "OPEN" but the tray does not slide out.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks, - Dave

You may have moved it with a CD or DVD inside, and its
shifted out of the tray. Remove the cover and have a look.

Deke