Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Slightly OT-guns, metal content

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:05:08 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:01:35 -0000, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

He spent exactly twenty seconds describing a sight picture. And his
drawing was wrong for short range pistol.

What is a right sight picture for short range pistol? What range? I
intend no nitpick, I'd really like to know. My current understanding
is that there is no right sight picture for short-range pistol because
the shooter won't see the sights at all in a pucker sit.

And the percentages of hits in close range gunfights is horrible, either for
trained POs, and lowly "civilians" alike. The POs only score slightly
higher than civilians, and IIRC from my training classes, it's in the
twenties percent range.

And I have a question. What's a short range pistol?

I should have said use of handgun at less than 21 feet.

What he conveyed to me was that if you shoot, your life is ruined. If you
do shoot, make it your last act before you pass out from being beaten or
knifed or shot. Only then will you have a defense that will stand a chance
in court.

My instructors made and emphasized exactly the same points. I think
most good ones do.