Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
batw batw is offline

Default Plastic gear on a metal shaft

It is my under standing that it taken over by Hardinge i heard this about
2 yrs, ago just as south bend was taken over by leblond. i.m pretty certain
that it was hardinge i'll look it up for you later if you want batw
"Ignoramus2170" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:20:17 -0600, batw wrote:
Iggy
welcomw to the real world!!!!
just this Christmas past got that feeling of nostalgia and went and
bought a
lionel train set for the kids not cheap either chinese made of course
what
a POS. it lasted exactly 1 1/2 days i was supervising transformer went;
got
nothing but a raft of **** from seller and ignorant response from
manufacture they sent me another transformer like it was a matter of
routine
have'nt tried it yet... Lionel is a chinese word that means "cheap ****
sold
at high price" as an after thought it should documented of all the
american
manufacturers that went belly up because of new age thinking starting
with
Bridgeport, and south Bend batw

I share your feelings 100%, but what happened with Bridgeport?