Rusty Bates

Default Did I pay too much for a steel handrail

John,

You didn't say what part of country the work was done. You mentioned
you received and gave the go-ahead on an estimate for the type of work
your job site required. Perhaps it was the amount of time used to do
the job that surprised you. You have to ask yourself if the job was
done to a professional standard and will hold up under normal usage?
If so, then you should be happy, the company did its job in a
professional, quick and timely manner for the price agree by you.
Still I would say it was fair amount for a job well done.

Rusty Bates

(John Sanders) wrote in message . com...
I needed to have a steel handrail fabricated and installed along one
(1) side of a slightly curved set of seven (7) concrete steps. The
steps are about two feet long and each step drops about eight inches
from the previous one. The estimate for the handrail was $1,700. I
went ahead and had it done.

This morning two men installed the handrail in four and a half or five
hours.

(SNIP)

Given the foregoing, would anyone care to hazard an opinion on whether
I poaid too much, too little, or just about the right amount?

Thanks.