Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_2_] Tony[_2_] is offline

Default Phone jack Has to be near AC Receptacle?

You can install phone jack any bloody place you want
on one of my phone lines I have 5 jacks all over house
Tony

"John Ross" wrote in message
ps.com...

Joseph Meehan wrote:
John Ross wrote:
I need to have an extra phone jack installed in my home. I was talking
to a guy who installs them, and he said it has to be "within 3 feet of
a wall receptacle." And he said something about this being in the NEC.

Has anyone heard of this? I can't see what one has to do with the
other.

Frankly it is a good idea, but I had not heard that it was code.

Why is it a good idea?

I should note that this is just for a modem, not an actual phone
(although I don't think that came up in the conversation).

--
John