Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Home Depot , Fox TV, and Global Warming

on 8/20/2007 5:52 PM said the following:
On Aug 20, 4:46 pm, T. Rex wrote:

In article , Concerned
Consumer says...

I assume that most of us here want to enjoy our lives
and want our children and grandchildren to have an
equally good or better life.

To that end, an overwhelming concensus of REAL science
is that humans have caused the looming catastrophe of
global warming.

What a load of crap. The "warming" is less than 6/10 of one degree
Celsius since 1880 -- and most of that came between 1880 and 1940, which
is BEFORE the bulk of the human activity that is alleged to have caused
it. That, all by itself, is more than sufficient to debunk the hoax of
supposedly human-caused global warming.

The one I'm still waiting for an explanation on is this. There are
graphs that are widely used by the global warming crowd that show 3
complete cycles of warming and cooling going back about 700,000
years. In every one of those cycles, TEMP rises 200 to 1500 years
BEFORE CO2 starts to rise. I've yet to hear any explanation, let
alone a credible one of how this can be if CO2 is causing the temp
rise.

On the other hand, I've heard a professor of ocean science at MIT
explain why it's this way. The Earth warms up first, causing the
oceans, which are the great reservoir of CO2, to release CO2. Because
the oceans are so deep, it takes hundreds of years after the Earth
starts to warm for the CO2 to rise. Just like warming a soda bottle
causes it to release CO2.

Dinosaur farts caused past warmings.

--

Bill