Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT-guns, metal content

Gerry fired this volley in
ups.com:

From Wikipedia, FWIW

"In American usage, the term "pistol" refers to a handgun whose
chamber is integral with the barrel, making pistols distinct from the
other main type of handgun, the revolver, which has a revolving
cylinder containing multiple chambers." After 20 years of gunsmithing,
that is the I see it as well

I seldom trust Wiki, but if you're a gunsmith, and you say that's the way
it is, then I'll bow to that.

Hmmm.... I've been shooting for fifty-two years. I'd never heard that
distinction, and have distinctly heard otherwise in the military. But I
know enough about how wrong they are on other counts to realize they
could've been wrong about that, too.

But didn't Colt call his first revolver "a repeating pistol"?

LLoyd