Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Fault with Power Saw

robgraham wrote:
On 21 Aug, 12:18, Pete C wrote:
On Aug 21, 11:54 am, Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi all.
My B & D power saw has a bad habit.
Just after I begin a cut it seems to 'hit a wall' and won't
move no matter how hard I 'lean' on it.
But after a minute or so the blade starts cutting and cuts well to the
end
no matter how long the cut is.
And it doesn't matter how thick the material I'm cutting.
Sorry..(I'm at work),,I can't remember off the top of my head but I
think it has a
40 tooth 160..ish mm diam blade.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Arthur

Hi,

It's not a bent 'riving knife' underneath getting caught on the edge
of the workpiece is it?

cheers,
Pete.

I would suggest that it is the blade guard. As you start to cut, the
blade guard should come in contact with the edge of the wood and
rotate out of the way - mine ( a cheapy but perfectly effective)
occasionally sticks slightly and gives just the effect you are talking
about.

Rob

The guard only needs lifting a fraction but it's a pain when your left
hand is holding the workpiece