Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Fault with Power Saw

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
My B & D power saw has a bad habit.
Just after I begin a cut it seems to 'hit a wall' and won't
move no matter how hard I 'lean' on it.
But after a minute or so the blade starts cutting and cuts well to the
end
no matter how long the cut is.
And it doesn't matter how thick the material I'm cutting.
Sorry..(I'm at work),,I can't remember off the top of my head but I
think it has a
40 tooth 160..ish mm diam blade.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Arthur

First of all get to know how to operate power tools ie let the blade do the
cutting and you just guide the saw along the line of cut as opposed to "how
hard you lean on it".
Secondly your blades teeth sound knaced ie the oent the blade hits a knot
this will almost bring the saw to a dead halt and is putting wear on the
motor,so check the teeth for burning/scorch marks