Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two interesting 'specials' from CPC

First one is a 'stick' DVM.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...?sku=IN0526162

Seems very well made with soft touch plastics, retractable probe, machine
screw fixing for battery case, nylon cloth case. Two common leads - one
probe, one crock clip. Quick check with my calibration rig shows it to be
good. At 11.69 quid seems decent value - and much smaller than a
conventional DVM for the toolkit. Doesn't replace something like a Steinel
for quick rough measurement, but a handy DIY tool for voltage, continuity
and resistance measurment.

Second is a mains monitor.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...?sku=PL0956462

Seems to do what it says on the box and cheaper than others I've seen at
17.57.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW