Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default air compressor oil or oilless?

"Heathcliff" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am thinking about buying a small electric air compressor for
occasional household use, filling tires, maybe someday doing some
spray painting, etc. Some newer models are advertised as
"oilless" (and thus lower maintenance) -- is that a significant
advantage? I have never had an air compressor, is checking the oil a
big deal? I have never considered it a horrible burden with the
lawnmower or the chainsaw. Thanks, -- H

If you are deaf, buy either. If you have any hearing at all, DON'T buy an
oilless. If you do, you will very soon be deaf. They are obnoxiously loud,
and wear out fast. Buy a good oil crank case model, and buy over sized so
it doesn't have to work hard, or it will also burn up quickly.

My experience from going through half a dozen compressors before I bought a
decent sized oil crank case one.

Steve