Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Behning Jim Behning is offline

Default Shop heat

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:09:29 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Jim Behning" wrote

We had a 55 gallon barrel wood stove in an uninsulated big enough for
three cars garage in Cleveland Ohio. I guess that was about 900 SF
with no ceilings, just rafters. We could get it pretty warm with a box
fan to blow the heat around.

You must be in the tropical part of Cleveland.

I froze my rear end off when I was there.

Still remember a day in January when it hit -19F over night.

I was able to get a car started that had stayed outside all night, but when
I got to work, the place was locked up and had to go back home.

Lew

You got me there. We lived about 600 feet from Lake Erie. The tropical
breezes from Canada kept it to no colder than -15. I can recall sking
in college where a cold spell hit in the day and it got to -10 in the
day. I guess it got real cold that night.