Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Buzzing on phone line?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:57:25 GMT, Jethro wrote:

I hate to ask this question - as I expect the most logical answer is
'it could be anything'. But since the repairman can't get here until
Thursday, I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone can suggest
something.

Peeopl have a lot more things than just phones connected to their
phone line.

Try unplugging all of them, but one. The unplug that one and give the
line time to reset at the phone company office. Then plug in a
different one.

Consider your burglar alarm dialer, your modem, your caller-id box,
your cordless phone, your wired phone, your answering machine, and
maybe even specialty things most people don't have, like a central
redial box, an indicator light.

Go into each room to help yourself remember what is in there.

Did you drive any nails that could possibly have hit a wire. Just get
one phone working and then you can take your time getting the rest.
90 per half hour is a lot of money.