Posted to alt.home.repair
frank megaweege frank megaweege is offline

Default Chicken bones and Kenmore disposal

On Aug 20, 3:24 pm, "kpg*" wrote:
frank megaweege wrote groups.com:

On Aug 20, 2:41 pm, "kpg*" wrote:
Not that I have a problem with someone giving the garbage man a xmas
gift, but I pay taxes and fees that include someone hauling off
couches and water heaters. There are certain rules and limitations
but bribes aren't necessary.

lol...sounds like a certain Charles Dickens character.

If I were a Scrooge I'd dump things over the hillside and not pay the
monthly bill.
Is it really common to give the garbage men xmas gifts? And is it
expected for them to do their jobs?

No, not really. I did give the crew a 20 once for taking an old sofa,
even thougth it was in their job description.

I don't know about other places, but where I live there are different
crews all the time, so an xmas gift would make no sense, but maybe that
particular crew will remember my house and leave the can in my driveway
instead of dragging it down the block.

Catch more flies with sugar than salt, that's all.

Why would they drag your trashcan down the block? You have to pay
them not to do that? That's not tipping, it's extortion.