Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default what's up with old tvs and cable channels?

In article . com,
says...
got an old..... Sony Trinitron. electronic tuning, so it's not that
old, but mono. switched to CATV input, it gets (analog Comcast)
channels 2-40 perfectly, gets nothing from 41-99. Now that's just too
clean a break to be anything other than design, so does anybody know
what gives?

Does it have separate VHF and UHF inputs? If so, you may need to use a
splitter and a 75/300 balun to get all the channels. My mother has an
old RCA that works if you do that.

Also, channels 95-99 are a bit odd, and many will not pick them up,
except possibly 98 and 99.

Here's a nice table listed by frequency, so you can see how odd cable
channels are set up:
http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross