Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] laredotornado@zipmail.com is offline

Default can't get my DVD/CD player to open

On Aug 20, 3:51 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,

In the summer of 2005, I purchased a Yamaha DVX-C700 900 Watts Cinema
Series stereo system. Worked great for a while. Then I moved and put
it away. I just pulled it out of storage after it was out of use for
about six months. Now, when I turn it on, and try to open it by
pressing the open trey button on the front of the receiver, the system
indicates that it is "OPEN" but the tray does not slide out.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks, - Dave

Could be something as simple as a belt gone sticky, or dried up grease. Is
there any sound of a motor trying to run, or even the slightest attempt by
the drawer, to open when you press the button? Generally, such problems are
not hard to diagnose once you can get a look at the mech. Your first move
has got to be to remove the cover and just have a look.

Arfa

Thanks for your reply.

It does make a sound when I push the "open" button. Also, I should
note that I can't remember if there are any CDs in there or not, but
when I try to load any of the 5 CD areas, the dial is just stuck on
"LOAD 1", for example, if I press the 1st CD button.

- Dave