Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Torrey Hills Torrey Hills is offline

Default Anodizing Question: Titanium or Aluminum Racks

On Aug 20, 6:36 am, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 06:14:51 -0700, wrote:
On Aug 18, 9:28 pm, Torrey Hills wrote:
In the anodizing industry, some people are using titanium racks and
some are using aluminum racks. Why? What is the main difference? On
the surface, Ti racks cost more, (5-9x) but last a lot longer.

Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.

Ken

| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC |
|www.threerollmill.com|
|www.torreyhillstech.com|

Can't imagine using aluminum for racks,

The OP is a shill, and a transparent one at that. Follow his links and
you'll see that he represents a mfr of titanium anodizing racks.

--
Ned Simmons

Hi Ned, I e-mailed you from both Google group and my office this
morning, so far I did not receive any response from you. Yes, we are a
manufacturer of anodizing racks and have a separate website for that
www.anodizingracksonline.com. It is not fair for us to say that my
post was a shill without knowing why I asked that question. I would
like to assure all other responders that what I asked was a legitimate
question. Some of our customers are requesting Ti racks, some of them
requesting Al racks. I do not know why. My background is Chemical
Engineering and I want to know why. I did not try to promote our
racks. In the response, I learned that some people are using SS for
racks, very interesting. I posted the same questions in Yahoo Answer.
One of the responders redirected me to www.finishing.com. The
moderator liked the question and approved my posting. My posting ID is
46180.

Thank you... Ken