Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tommytrans@gmail.com is offline

Default Fiberglass door warp

Ok, after reading about all the goodness of fiberglass doors and how
they do not dent or warp, I bought a set of double doors. During our
first winter, one of the doors warped - the top edge bends inwards
leaving a gap for the cold wind to blow in.

I want people to know that you will NOT get any support from a local
company called Classic Openings. The old man was convinced there was
something else wrong and was not helpful AT ALL. So I contacted Therma-
Tru directly. They sent a professional to check the door and
determined that it was indeed a defective door. 8 months later,
Thermo-Tru sends a replacement door -- to Classic Openings. These
people calls me up, tell me to take off my old door and go into the
store to swap out with the new one. They actually suggested I put up a
plastic cover. The original doors that I bought were delivered,
however for this replacement I need to do all the work.

Basically just want to let folks know:

1) fiberglass doors can warp
2) therma-tru was somewhat supportive
3) Classic Openings in Irving, TX has NO concept of customer
support. You are on your own.