Posted to alt.home.repair
kpg* kpg* is offline

Default air compressor oil or oilless?

Heathcliff wrote in
oups.com:

I am thinking about buying a small electric air compressor for
occasional household use, filling tires, maybe someday doing some
spray painting, etc. Some newer models are advertised as
"oilless" (and thus lower maintenance) -- is that a significant
advantage? I have never had an air compressor, is checking the oil a
big deal? I have never considered it a horrible burden with the
lawnmower or the chainsaw. Thanks, -- H

I may be wrong (I often am, it seems) but I always thought the
reference to oilless meant the air - as in no oil in the compressed
air.

Air tools require oil, whereas spray paint most defiantly does not.