Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Installation of a Ductless Mini-Split System?

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:3b237$46c77326$9440c41e$31044
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:d20de$46c71bc9$9440c41e$32431
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
news:20fc7$46c68bbd$9440c41e$14988 @STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
news:9b82c$46c5bdf0$9440c41e$27900 @STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:5dc1c$46c46c8d
$9440c41e
$19580
@STARBAND.NET:

"Moe Jones" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Steve" wrote in
message
I want to install a ductless mini-split system
in
my
garage/workshop, so I called one of the local
HVAC
companies
get
a quote. I started to tell the girl who
answered
the
phone
what
wanted, and she said, "Oh, we don't install
ductless
mini-split
systems." I asked her why, and she said she

didn't
know.

What I really need is someone to do the
charging
for
me -
can
do
the physical installation. So how do I find
somebody
who's
got
the
EPA certification?

--Steve

Why don't you call a couple of HVAC companies
and locate
one
that
will
install them?
That way, you'll have someone to complete the
job
and
have
warranty
to boot.

I agree, so should be able to find a HVAC company
install
the
system.

A couple of years ago I replaced one and I messed
up
by
not
reading
the
instructions.

On that system you had to insulate the liquid line
because
they
used
it
as
metering device so the liquid line would sweat and
it was
dripping
water
inside the space. :-(

Yep, they are a little different. :-)

The liquid line sweating would be more than a little
different...

Why?
(All they did was move the metering device)

If it's liquid, it's not going to be sweating...

No ****...

Obviously if it is sweating then it's already expanded
some
degree.

You're a genius...

Now, I say again... the mini-splits are a little
different. That FACT hasn't changed from the last time I
posted it.

I'm a genius and I can tell that you suffer from a recto-
cranial
inversion.
How's that grab ya?

I see, most people do try and change the subject, when they
are
losing
the
current one.

No son, I didn't change the subject. I pointed out that your

reply
exhibited symptoms that conclusively demonstrate that your
head

is
firmly
up your ass. Pull it out, wipe the **** out of your eyes and
look
around
bit. Perhaps you'll realize that your opinions and statements
aren't
that
wonderful. Then again, perhaps your aren't equiped to
understand that.

The fact that you're not competent enough to understand my
post, really doesn't account for anything.

Son, you aren't even close to being qualified to assess my
competency.
You didn't even know why a liquid line sweating would be
impossible
and
had to ask. I've already told you once but here it is again: it

isn't
liquid if it's sweating. It's already been expanded, e.g. it's
gas.

No run on back to alt.hvac where your head-n-ass syndrome is

accepted
behavior.

Hey Dip****,

Have you ever worked on a mini-split?
Have you had any training on mini-split systems?

I already know the answer, so pay attention...

I never said the LL was sweating.

Yes, you did. What do you hope to gain by telling lies?

Then post it for all to see.... I won't be waiting, as I NEVER said

that,
Asshole!

Yes you did when you ask me why it was "different" for a liquid line to
sweat. You can try to deny your lie all you want but it is there for
all

see.

Oh my, PAY ATTENTION this time, Boy.

I stated, "Yep, they are a little different. :-)"

Then you posted, "The liquid line sweating would be more than a little
different..."

Then I stated, "Why?
(All they did was move the metering device)"

And that's where you blow it. It isn't a liquid line anymore. Clearly you
don't know understand what you're saying.

No, that's where you blow it, as I didn't say it was still a LL, Asshole!

Now here's where it gets a little difficult for mentally challenged
people, so pay extra attention to the details.

I said they (mini-splits) were a little different (then regular
residential splits).
You come back and say the liquid line sweating is more than a little
different.

Do you see it was YOU that stated it was still a LL and that it was
sweating?

Hardly son. I've always said that it is impossible for a liquid line to
sweat. No if's and's or but's.

Then you better get some more training. Cause it can and does happen.
(not that I'm saying it happens in this case, but your general statement is
incorrect)

Do you see where I then posted that they moved the metering device?

Can you understand that is a little different?
Do you see anywhere, where I called it a LL?
Most competent people are not having issues understanding this minor
detail.

Most residential split systems have a LL (small) and a SL
(larger). Normally, the only one that's insulated is the SL.
However, there are situations where the LL will be insulated.

Now, when you come to mini-splits. They have the same two copper

lines
(smaller and larger). However, since the metering device is in the
outdoor unit by the service valve, both lines will sweat. This
requires
both lines to be insulated.

This is a little different than the normal residential split
system ----- Just like I already stated TWICE.

Now, do you understand this?

And if your comeback is "I know HVAC", then please tell me another
difference between a normal split and a mini split.
Otherwise, STFU and learn something before spouting off to someone
with
more competence than you could even dream of having.

Son you still don't get it do you? If it is sweating it is not a
liquid line. Why do you insist on calling it one?

Again, where did I say it was a LL on the mini-split?

Get a clue, Dip****!

Now pull your head out of your anal orfice and admit that your
terminology
doesn't describe the physical system.

You better get some more training, your incompetence is showing.

Son, you are the one who doesn't even pay attention to what you type.
On top of that you make vain attempts to "prove" your knowledge when it
isn't even challenged. Now go back and read everything that has been
written. You'll see that all I said was a liquid line couldn't sweat
and that is true. You're the one trying to make a mountain out of a
mole hill.

Not true, you acted like a know-it-all that was out to prove me wrong.
But in the process, you found out that I know my **** and that you were
indeed in deep ****.
Now you want to disclaim the fact that YOU were the one with your head
up your ass.

Sorry Boy, that **** just doesn't cut the mustard.

You're clearly full of **** and feel the need to attack anyone who might
point out your lack of competence. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Lack of competence... Yeah, right.
I see where you clearly pass all my questions, because you CAN'T answer
them!
But, I figured as much, since you can't even comprehend this thread
correctly.

Is Stormy your brother?