Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Chicken bones and Kenmore disposal

On Aug 19, 9:16 pm, Kuskokwim wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:57:05 -0400, willshak wrote:
Choice 1 - Tilt plate over 150 sq in opening, maybe scrape with a
fork, put plate in dishwasher.
Choice 2 - Tilt plate, maybe scrape with a fork, turn on switch, turn
on faucet, manuver some bones, cobs and other debris into 9 sq in,
push it in, manuver some more debris over to the 9 sq in opening,
push it in, repeat until all debris is gone, rinse out sink, turn off
switch, turn off faucet, put plate in dishwasher.

Please tell me why I would opt for Choice 2?

So you don't have to take out the garbage?
I like to support the sanitation men. They have families, you know.

I like my sanitation man. I give him some cash at Christmas. I also try to
make his job more pleasant by putting the things that will smell to high
heaven if put in the trash down my garbage disposer.

That is about the wisest Christmas gift any homeowner can give, screw
the mailman he's got a govt pension and health care. But the day you
need to haul your hot water heater and ratty old couch out to the
curb, that garbage man will remember your gift.