Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Picture Tube Hazards

There are proper procedures to remove the DVD player section. It requires
some disassembly. TV service tech's do this type of work all the time, and
there are no hazards.

You should NOT be messing around in your TV set. Your safest procedure is to
give it out to a service shop that services TV sets, and have them do the
work. This way, it will be responsibly performed, and there will not be any
possible safety issues after assembly, and when you are using the unit.

--

JANA
_____

"Scott" wrote in message
I have a TV/DVD/VCR combo. The DVD player started skipping and just
totally went out. I suspect that the lens is dirty but in order to clean
it I have to remove the DVD unit from the TV. There are a couple of
screws right below the picture tube that are going to be hard to reach.
My question is it ok if I touch the bottom of the tube and not get
electrocuted. I know about the hazards of touching the thick wire on top
of the tube but unsure about the tube itself.

-ss