Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default How do I clean my 4" chuck? dunk it in soemthing?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:01:50 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"PeterM" wrote:

I hope one of you nice people here can tell me how I can clean my 4" chuck.

I would take it a part and go over it with a scotchbrite pad piece by piece.
It is something you can do while watching TV, talking to the young ones,
watching the sun rise or set. It isn't like you are in a hurry is it?

Then a coating of some nice oil to protect it.

I like to coat my tool metal in Johnson's Paste Wax before assembly,
then oil. Works slick as silk and prevent rust longer than oil alone.

--
Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness.
-- Ayn Rand