Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CFLs - switching on and off

Don Klipstein wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I expect that adding consideration of wasting lamp operating life will
change break-even-time calculations and make break-even times shorter.

I expect this correction will only make break-even times slightly
shorter if electricity consumption during the life of the lamp (bulb)
costs a lot more than the lamp (bulb) does, which is often the case.
With lower wattage lamps, lamp cost becomes a more significant fraction
of the total cost, so this correction gets less minor.

- Don Klipstein )

I would think it would make quite a big difference, but havent calced
it yet.

NT